Friday, May 1, 2009

The Local Fishing Club

So I joined the local club this year. (Southcentralmichiganbass.blogspot.com) Kind of as a change of pace and really just to see how good I am on these smaller waters. The people that fish this club are really cool and pretty darn good too! Our first tournament of the year was a paper tournament where you go on the good faith of the other anglers. I finished second but what I was the most excited about was my friend Craig finished 7th. He is a beginning tournament angler who's love for the sport has somewhat reinvigorated me. Last year was a long year with lot's of $$ spent and at the end of it all, I feel like I may have lost a little appreciation for what fishing is all about. This year I plan to relax, listen to the birds chirp a little more, and just enjoy fishing with my friends. I'm sure my competitive drive may rear it's head a time or two, but really I hope it doesn't get in the way of the shear enjoyment of being on the water.



-Matt

No comments: